Transitioning to a new school is a big step on your child's educational journey both for your child and for you! We are delighted to assist you with answers to frequently asked questions, important dates to remember, and links that will help you as you make this move. Of course, please call or email the Office of Admissions with any questions. We are thrilled to welcome you to the MRA family!
Kindergarten Tea Party for all new K3 - K5 students
May 11, 2017 9:30 AM
Kindergarten Multi-purpose Room
You will find MyMRA located in the top right hand corner of our school's website. This is a secure portal for parents (Kindergarten - 12th grade) and students (6th - 12th grade). To log in to MyMRA, you will use your username and password for MyBackpack - the system used when you signed your MRA Tuition Contract. On MyMRA, you will have access to all daily announcements and news for the school. It will also be a resource for handbooks, school supply lists, course guides, summer reading lists, etc.
Our uniform provider is Parker School Uniforms. You will find uniform guidelines on our website or by going by the Parker Uniform location on County Line Road in Ridgeland. Uniforms can also be purchased online at https://www.parkersu.com/store/school/8089.
The Patriot Store
The Patriot Store is open every Wednesday from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. and at various times throughout the school year and in the summer. In the Patriot Store, you’ll find school-approved outerwear, sweatshirts, t-shirts, jerseys, and other spirit wear. The store is located at the north end of the football concession stand on the west side of the field.
For Middle and High School parents, your child’s courses may be scheduled by appointment with our Guidance Counselors. Contact Libbo Crosswhite at firstname.lastname@example.org for 9th – 12th grade schedules or Michelle Edwards at email@example.com for 6th – 8th grade schedules. Course selection sheets can be found on the academic tab once you log in to MyMRA.
Summer Reading assignments can be found on our website by logging into to MyMRA . Please note the following Elementary Summer Reading Test Dates: Thursday, June 22 and Thursday, July 27 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. There will be NO testing on Meet the Teacher Day. Children can also take tests the first week of school.
School Supply Lists
Log in to MyMRA using your username and password for MyBackpack - the system used when you signed your MRA Tuition Contract. Once logged in, you will land on the Parent Portal page. From there click on your child's respective school in the left-hand navigation menu. The school supply lists are located in the information tabs on the lower portion of the page.
The distribution dates for the 2017 - 18 school year for MacBooks and iPads will be posted in May, 2017.
valley Food Services
Valley Food Services provides every family the peace of mind that comes from knowing their child will always have lunch money. Through their secure on-line pre-payment system, My Payments Plus, parents enjoy the ease and flexibility of making pre-payments to a secure individual account. Parents also have the ability to view their child's dining history. To view more information on Campus Dining, refer to our Campus Dining Page under Campus Life.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2017 - 18 SCHOOL YEAR
- August 1 - 12th grade, 9:00 a.m. and 11th grade, 10:30 a.m.
- August 2 - 10th grade, 9:00 a.m. and 9th grade, 10:30 a.m.
- August 3 - 8th grade, 9:00 a.m., 7th grade at 10:00 a.m. and 6th grade at 11:00 a.m.
New Student Orientation:
- August 8 - 6th-8th grades at 1:00 p.m. in the High School Gym (No Uniforms Required)
- We would like to ask our new Middle School students to arrive at 12:30 p.m. and report to the cafeteria. Valley Services will have their staff available to get our new students' finger prints scanned into their My Payments Plus
- August 8 - 9th-12th grades at 1:30 p.m. in the High School Gym (No Uniforms Required)
New Patron Ice Cream Social:
- August 8 - 1st - 8th grades at 1:30 in the Cafeteria (No Uniforms Required)
- August 8 - 9th - 12th grades following New Student Orientation in the Cafeteria (No Uniforms Required)
- August 7 - 6th grade Parent Orientation at 6:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria
- August 8 - NEW Kindergarten Parents at 6:00 p.m. in the Kindergarten Building
- August 8 - ALL 1st grade Parents at 6:00 p.m. in the Elementary 1st grade Classrooms
Middle School/High School Orientation:
- August 9 - 6th - 12th grades from 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. in the High School Gym
- All students must wear school uniforms.
Meet Your Teacher for K3 - 5th grades:
- August 9 - K3 - 5th grades from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (come and go)
First Full Day of School:
- August 10 - K3 - K5 from 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. (After School Care will be open)
- August 10 - 1st - 5th grades from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Homework Express will be open)
- August 10 - 6th - 12th grades from 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Back to School Nights (ALL PARENTS):
- August 21 - 1st - 5th grades at 6:00 p.m. in the High School Gym
- August 22 - 6th - 12th grades at 6:00 p.m. in the High School Gym
- August 23 - Kindergarten at 5:30 p.m. in the Kindergarten Building