Tuition Assistance Program
We believe that qualified students who desire an education at Madison-Ridgeland Academy (MRA) should not be turned away because they cannot pay full tuition. Therefore, we have established a tuition assistance program (TAP) to help families in need. TAP was created to assist those students with financial need who have leadership ability, a proven record of academic excellence, and quality of character. Tuition assistance is awarded strictly on the basis of need in a confidential process. MRA does not award any athletic scholarships.
MRA works with School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents' Financial Statement, SSS gives us an estimated amount your family should be able to contribute toward the educational expenses of your student/s. This estimate is a starting point to help MRA make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
The Tuition Assistance Application process must be completed each year.
Before you can begin the Tuition Assistance Application process, you must be enrolled as a student at MRA. Once your children are enrolled, contact the TAP Coordinator, Tina Box, to inform her of your interest in tuition assistance.
Tuition Assistance Coordinator
Complete the following forms and return to Tina Box in the MRA Business Office:
To be eligible for consideration for financial aid, you must complete your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) application online.
MRA works with School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents Financial Statement, SSS gives us an estimated amount your family should be able to contribute toward the educational expenses of your student/s. This estimate is a starting point to help MRA make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application, for the 2017-18 school year, please follow the steps below.
You only have to complete one Parents’ Financial Statement, even if you have several children applying.
How to complete the Parent Financial Statement (PFS) online:
- Go to the SSS Website at http://sssbynais.org/parents/.
- Click on the green “Login to Complete or Update your PFS” button to start the PFS online
- Login to the PFS Online:
- Are you applying for aid for the first time? Click on the purple “New Users: Create a New Account” button. You’ll be asked to enter your name and email address and to select password.
- Did you apply last year? Enter in your login and password from last year in the section called “Returning Families.” If you have forgotten your login information, click on “Reset Password”.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2017-18
- Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to onscreen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time and return later to complete your PFS.
- Pay and submit your PFS
- The fee of $48 is nonrefundable. Once you have paid and submitted your PFS, the school will receive your information. About 24 hours after you submit your PFS, you can go back to the PFS Online to view your Family Report, which summarizes the information we will receive.
Once you have submitted the PFS online and returned the items listed in Step 2, the application process is complete. Tina Box will be in touch with you once the Tuition Assistance Committee has met and made a decision on financial aid.
The Tuition Assistance Committee uses the information from the PFS, our school policy and practices, as well as the budget available to award financial aid.
Tuition Assistance Coordinator