Madison-Ridgeland Academy was established in 1969 for the purpose of providing the communities of Madison, Ridgeland and the surrounding areas with the opportunity to enroll their children in an independent school offering both academic achievement and character development. Originally housed in a Madison church, the school grew quickly, with forty-seven families enrolling 117 students the first year. In 1970, the first school facility was built on its 25 acre campus. As MRA’s reputation grew, so did its student body. In order to accommodate continued growth, strategic planning began, with various phases being implemented through the years.
Today, MRA continues a trend of record enrollment with 1300 students. With the recent opening of a new Middle School Building and Dining Commons, the campus is growing to meet the demands of enrollment and retention. The campus encompasses seven academic buildings and includes a math lab, two libraries, four STEM labs, four computer labs, three multi-purpose rooms, four art rooms, four music rooms, four Bible rooms, two playgrounds, a chemistry/physics laboratory, two biology laboratories, a rooftop observatory, and a 100-seat mini-theatre. Athletic facilities include two gymnasiums, a turf football and soccer field, a baseball stadium, updated track and field facilities, and a baseball practice facility.
While MRA has a proven and proud history, the outlook is even brighter as we meet the demands of the growing school community and provide a quality educational environment for our leaders of tomorrow.