Mission & Leadership
Madison-Ridgeland Academy is a college preparatory Christian School committed to educating each student’s mind, body, and spirit.
Madison-Ridgeland Academy is committed to excellence in teaching the mind, reaching the heart, and inspiring servant leaders who will impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Respect: Respect for God, self, fellowman, and country
Responsibility: Responsibility for one’s self
Honor: Integrity, honesty, and fairness to all
Compassion: Compassion demonstrated by service to others
Excellence: Commitment to excellence in mind, body, and spirit
- All students can learn provided they have the willingness and intellectual capacity to succeed in a college preparatory curriculum.
- Students need to develop not only an understanding of essential knowledge and skills, but also the capacity to reason, to solve problems and to produce quality work.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Every effort will be made to provide students with a variety of learning activities that engage the different sensory styles of learning.
- The commitment to continuous improvement of student learning is expected of all administrators, teachers, students, patrons, and members of the community to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Extra-curricular activities provide positive opportunities for the individual to develop a sense of self and purpose.
- Student learning with a Christian foundation is a chief priority of the school.
- A student's self-worth is enriched by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between student and staff.
- Through community service, students can learn new skills, assume responsibilities, become aware of the needs of others, learn the importance of unselfish serving and giving, and understand the importance of being good stewards of the gifts and blessings that God has so graciously given us.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
A Christian foundation has two cornerstones – orthodoxy and orthopraxy. Madison-Ridgeland Academy affirms and teaches both of these historic truths of the Christian tradition.
Orthodoxy (Right Belief):
- MRA affirms, teaches, and is ordered by the historic Christian faith as understood and taught through the universal creeds of the Christian church (Nicene and Apostles).
- MRA affirms and teaches a God who is understood as triune, that is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three distinct persons, yet one in unity.
- MRA affirms and teaches the birth, life and teachings, death, resurrection, and return of Jesus Christ and salvation that is assured through His sacrifice and resurrection.
- MRA affirms and teaches the Holy Spirit as the indwelling presence of God active in the life of every Christian, and we affirm the Church universal, made up of all who believe upon the name of Jesus.
- MRA affirms and teaches the Holy Scripture (the Old Testament and the New Testament) as the true, authoritative, and inspired Word of God which we believe and strive to obey.
Orthopraxy (Right Living):
- MRA affirms and teaches the biblical and historical teaching of the church regarding (but not limited to) issues related to life, marriage, human sexuality, and gender.
- MRA believes in the sanctity of marriage and adheres to the traditional belief that marriage is defined as the unity of one man and one woman in holy matrimony, abiding in the Holy Spirit.
- MRA affirms and teaches the biblical and historical understanding that a “man” is defined as a male person’s biological sex as objectively determined by anatomy and genetics at his time of birth.
- MRA affirms and teaches the biblical and historical understanding that a “woman” is defined as a female person’s biological sex as objectively determined by anatomy and genetics at her time of birth.
- MRA holds and applies these sincere religious beliefs and convictions in accordance with the historical understanding of the Holy Scripture and the Christian faith.
Head of School
2022 - 2023 Board of Trustees
Alan Hart, President
Kyle Fulcher, Vice President
Meagen Mallett, Secretary
Kevin Bailey, Treasurer