How to Apply
Your path starts here
We invite you to become a part of a thriving and vibrant community of learning here at MRA. We are committed to making your child’s school experience enriching and rewarding, and we couldn’t be happier that you are considering us. There are two simple steps for applying to preschool and kindergarten and five convenient steps for applying to grades 1-12, outlined below. If you have any questions at all, a member of our admission staff will be more than happy to help. If you would like to receive school information, contact the admission office at 601-856-4455 or complete an online inquiry. We welcome the opportunity to introduce you and your child to the MRA family. Apply now to discover the exceptional possibilities for your child at MRA.
Complete an online application for admission.
Be sure to enter the correct school year for which you are applying for your child. Keep in mind that students must be the appropriate age (or older) by September 1. For example, children applying for the K3 program must turn 3 years old by September 1 of the school year they enter the program. There is a $50 application fee required at the time of submission.
Preschool and kindergarten applicants will be placed on a waiting list for the appropriate school year. Siblings of current students may register during Priority Registration on November 1st each year for the next school year. Open Registration for all other applicants begins on November 16th each year, and if a class space is available, you will receive an online contract to reserve his or her spot for the upcoming school year. The registration fee and online contract are required in order to secure the student's place.
- Step 1: Submit online application
- Step 2: Submit application fee
- Step 3: Schedule entrance test
- Step 4: Submit copy of student records
- Step 5: Apply for Financial Assistance (optional)
All applicants must complete an online application for admission. There is a $50 fee required at the time of submission.
Siblings of current students may register during Priority Registration on November 1st each year for the next school year. Open Registration for all other applicants begins on November 16th each year. Applicants must have completed all steps before they may register.
- Student must pass the entrance exam administered by the Admissions Counselor
- Student must receive an excellent background report as stated by former school officials (including behavior and proper actions)
- MRA does not admit students from any school district's Academic Options Center.
- Student must have grades from former school that indicate probable success at MRA (All grades must be passing. Minimum passing grade at MRA is 70.)
- Entrance age as set by state law (Students entering 1st grade shall be 6 by September 1st.)
- Must have approval of Admission Committee
- Final approval must be granted by the MRA Board of Trustees