“Based on the gift they have received, everyone should use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God.” I Peter 4:10
MRA’s commitment to community service is born out of a desire to help students fulfill the Christian call to discipleship and stewardship. Following the example of Christ, we are called to serve Him by serving others. Through community service, students can learn new skills, assume responsibilities, become aware of the needs of others, learn the importance of unselfish serving and giving, and understand the importance of being good stewards of the gifts and blessings that God has so graciously given us.
COMMUNITY SERVICE LEARNING PROGRAM
Definition of Community Service - A recognized community service activity by a MRA student is one which:
- is performed without compensation to the student.
- is not performed during scheduled class time.
- is not service mandated by a court.
- has institutional or organizational affiliation.
- results in a service to at least one person other than the student or the student’s relative and is of benefit to the ‘community.’
- must meet the prior definition.
- must be of at last one hour’s duration.
- must be performed in the community at large.
- must be performed at organizations listed on the approved list. Any service performed for an organization not on the list must be pre-approved by the administration.
“...whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant…” Mark 10:43